Wednesday, August 22, 2007

getting better...

Hey, look at that - I kept my promise!

So, back to Prague (which, quite frankly is where I wish I was now... here is rainy and gross!)...

We spent a lot of time walking around - it's the best way to see things in Prague! The promenade along the river is really beautiful and it offers a great view of the Charles Bridge - one of the most famous spots in Prague. It connects the 2 sides of the city, and was built way back when by King/Emperor (can't remember which) Charles - it's got huge ornate statues all along it, and brass pictorials which are good luck if you rub them - so we did. I rubbed a doggy.

We indulged in some real culture by visiting the Art Gallery - loads of amazing work, including Klimt, Picasso (his famed self portrait), and loads of other 'edgy' contemporary work... including a photographic series that involved the slaughter or a lamb, which no-one found particularly tasteful... but that's art, right?

Helen and I did the compulsary shop - we were on the hunt for a farberge egg necklace! Mine is blue and gold, and they are all really beautiful! Prague is also famous work it's glass works - so we bought Tenille a pair of handmade glass earrings for her birthday.

Prague has a lot to offer, but everyone says it's even better when you get out of the city. There's a church made of bones (but not in a creepy way) that is a day trip away, which is definately something I'd like to see when I go back there.

So, after yet another late EasyJet flight, we got back to London at some unforgiving hour of the morning - thankfully, I didn't have to get up to go to work the next day, unlike the others... but it wasn't long til I was up and attem again - this time flying into Valencia, for what will long be one of the best things I have ever done - 6 weeks of watching Team New Zealand racing in the America's Cup.

I actually don't feel I can do those 6 weeks justice by writing off the bat, so I'm going to sit down and go back through all my photos, and post again later...

No comments: